Configuring Belkin wireless router as an access point through the web-based setup page
If you have an extra Belkin router, you may want to utilize it to expand the range of your existing wireless network and eliminate dead spots. You can configure it as an access point and wire it to your network’s main router, disabling the former’s router capabilities in doing so.
Connecting computer to the router – Using an Ethernet cable, connect the computer to any of the numbered ports of the router that will be configured as an access point.
How to Setup Belkin Range Extender –
To get started, you will need:
- Your primary wireless router, its network name (SSID), and password. If it’s a dual-band router, please be sure you have both SSIDs and passwords.
- A personal computer with a web browser
Set Up Your Range Extender Wirelessly
- Step 1 – Choose an outlet near the edge of your network’s Wi-Fi coverage.
- Step 2 – Plug in your N600 DB Range Extender.
- Step 3 – Connect your computer to the “Belkin.setup” wireless network. Make sure nothing is plugged into your Ethernet port.
On Windows Vista or Windows 7, please check the option “Connect Automatically” when you select the network.
Search for “Belkin.setup” and connect.
- Step 4 – Visit “http://Belkin.range” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Wired Setup –
- Step 1: Connect the Range Extender to your computer using an Ethernet cable (Ethernet cable not included).
- Step 2: Plug the Range Extender into a wall socket or other power source.
- Step 3: On your computer, turn off Wi-Fi
- Step 4: Use your favorite browser to visit http://Belkin.range and follow the instructions that appear there.
- Step 5: After your setup is complete, please turn on Wi-Fi.
If you are unable to access your router’s web-based setup page, reset your router. Resetting the router will make it go back to its default factory settings.
If you are still having hard time to settings it up you can get our expert advice or at tech who can help you to set the extender up, Dial 1-844-991-0441 or Email – firstname.lastname@example.org