Router having the problems of internet connection
There are some instances when you encounter problems with internet connection while connecting to the Belkin router. Some main factors that may cause issues:
- The router is not configured with your modem.
- The router holds an IP address for a longer period of time than your Internet Service Provider (ISP) allows.
- Somehow modem has lost the internet connection.
Once you fix this issue, connect the router to range extender either in a wired or wireless manner. Now, you can start Belkin extender setup process with ease.
Here are some tricks that you can use depending on particular scenario:
Scenario 1: Only wired devices lost Internet connection
- Unplug your modem, router and the computer from power outlets respectively and plug them back after some time. Then try to go online once you get stable LEDs.
- Check if your cables are properly plugged in and ensure the light status on the router.
- Make confirm that your computer is getting a valid IP address from the router.
Note: Most of the routers have 192.168.206.1 as default IP address.
Scenario 2: Only wireless devices lost Internet connections
Check some factors that can affect wireless clients such as:
- Wireless network selection and security
- Hardware access control
- Client TCP/IP settings
- Signal strength
- Sources of interference
Now, try to access Belkin.range setup page.
Scenario 3: Both wired and wireless computers lost Internet connection
- Unplug your modem, router from power outlets respectively and plug them after a few minutes. Then try to go online on any of your devices.
- Hardware your computer directly to the modem and try to connect to belkin.setup network.
If still, you are having problems related to internet connections with your router then contact us at 1-844-991-0441.
Belkin Setup can’t connect my router to the internet. What to do?
In case you face the same issue, check your internet connection’s username and password. Ensure that you have entered the correct username and password. There are some usernames which require the domain of ISP to be included at the end of the name. After that, you will be able to connect the router to internet during Belkin WiFi extender setup.
My network name is not showing in the list of available networks. How do I fix this issue?
To fix this problem, restart your Belkin router as well as modem. Doing so will reset your ISP (Internet Service Provider) connection letting you connect online. Belkin WiFi extender reset will help in setting up a wireless connection. In order to do so:
- Make sure your router is powered on and the front panel light is visible.
- Verify that your device is within the range and not much far from the router.
- By using a computer or laptop hardwired with the router, check if SSID Broadcast feature is enabled.
Still facing the issues with Belkin range extender troubleshooting? Just dial our toll-free number 1-844-991-0441 and get rid of all your technical problems with a blink of an eye.
Not able to install the Router Monitor Software
If you are not able to install Belkin Router Monitor software, try to re-install it or update flash player and run the software again. As soon as it gets installed, use Belkin range extender IP address to access the setup page.
Why can’t I connect to the Internet when my computer connects to the wireless network?
To fix this issue, check the light on router. If it is visible, it indicates that there is a reliable connection between the router and internet.
NOTE: If your Windows computer is running SP2, you will not be able to set up the Router via the wireless setup process. You will need to either update to Windows SP3 or complete the Belkin repeater setup via a wired connection.
When I install the Router Monitor Software, I receive a Blocked Plug-In message. Why?
As soon as you download and install the Router Monitor Software, it continues to provide you a blocked plug-in message. This pop-up indicates that there is a need to update the flash player. So, update the software using Belkin setup page.
The light on my Belkin router blinks in amber. What should I have to do now?
To troubleshoot this issue, follow the instructions given below:
- Be certain that the Ethernet cable is connected properly from the modem to the router.
- Power off the modem and then power it on back after a couple of minutes.
- Unplug your router from the power for some time and then plug it in back so that router can build a steady connection with the modem.
If you come across any sort of issue during Belkin extender setup, make sure to firstly reset Belkin range extender. If this doesn’t fix the issue, call us at toll-free 1-844-991-0441.